Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Viola Man

It was only a couple of minutes ago that I walked into the building with The Piano Man ringing through my iPod...

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
actually it's ten
regular crowd shuffles in
no kiddin'
there's an old man sitting next to me, making love to his tonic and gin
actually it's a cheap coffee and creamer
he says son, can you play me a melody/ i'm not really sure how it goes
me either
but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete when I wore a younger man's clothes
la la la le le la
la la le le la....
Play me a song, I'm the viola man,
play me a song tonight
well we're all in the melody
and you've got us feeling uptight...
and the viola it sounds like a carnival
and the bow smells like a beer
and they sit at the bar and they put bread in my jar
and say, man what are you doing here?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

man... go home man...

;)

AF said...

don... i.... wish...