Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Recital Fall 2006: Prelude

From left to right: Reiko Harigaya, accompanist to Lin Chia Chia, Anthony Devroye (IUSB prof. of viola, and violist of the resident Avalon String Quartet) and mua.

And... I've finally uploaded a low-bitrate recording of two tracks of my playing at the Fall '06 recital. Live-recordings, dry hall. Here is the Prelude to Bach's Cello Suite No. 3 in C major transcribed for viola:

I am giving much thought to mixed-media presentations - on the serious side, I am considering having a recital next semester with projections of selected art for each movement. On the less serious side, I like the idea of having a particular food eaten with each movement.

For this particular movement, I recommend green olives and a light beer, and if you feel up to it, a rehash of the accompanying PowerPoint Presentation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

downloading both ur wma & ppt files

almost didnt recognize you there. you remind me... of haggrid (of HP fame) somehow. no offense meant mate ;)