Monday, December 22, 2008
Five Things I've Learned This Music Camp
1. When it comes to Primrose's (and I'm guessing, Michael Tree's) "not apparent" vibrato, faith isn't just a belief in things not seen, it's a belief in a thing not heard.
2. There's a quote from a friend's Facebook, which I think might be from Monty Python: "When I'm good I'll be very good, and when I'm bad I'll be nasty." That should really be the viola credo.
3. In music you'll have good days and you'll have bad days. And then you'll have days which could have been better if you weren't still hung over from the bad day before.
4. The effect of better rosin seems to continually surprise me.
5. As does the way musicians get to meet up and reconnect if not soon, then definitely somewhere down our long winding road.