Wednesday, January 30, 2008

40-Degree Celcius Change = 180 Degree Weather

Well, this is gonna be a real old geezer story for me one of these days. Just on a somewhat academic level of curiosity, I'm glad I got to see how Mother Nature can be. That being said, I'm glad I'm back inside. The forecast was accurate - a drop of some 42 degrees, and I'm lucky I got the news before they locked down and closed the campus - I've got my viola with me, and that's all I need.

From WNDU Weather by reporter
Ryan Famuliner

The old adage ‘if you don't like the weather in Indiana wait 10 minutes,’ will be more than just a saying Tuesday night.

If you were out during the day, it will probably feel like a completely different season by night time.

The wind chill is expected to drop by more than 40 degrees, with temperatures lowering around 25 degrees. Some areas in Michiana are also expected to get snow.

Earlier in the day, you probably could have gotten by with a light coat outside; and out on the roads, you didn't have to worry about ice and snow for the first time in a long time.

But that likely will not be the case later by Tuesday night.

While a lot of snow and ice had time to melt and run-off the roads, the temperatures well below freezing could turn what was left, into some icy conditions tomorrow.

For those who are making their way out into the cold and windy conditions, you'll need to bundle up.

And even though it'll feel nearly 40 degrees colder in just a few hours, many people say it's just what they've come to expect living in Michiana.

No comments: