Sunday, July 02, 2006

What's in a Name?

I'm in a cyber cafe, and half of the keys no longer have letters on them. Wiped out by sweat and jabbing in games of various levels of violence, ranging from the rat-a-tat behind me to the football fouls to my right. The letter J wins out at being the letter least attacked by greasy fingers, and the letter W is the biggest loser, having lost not only its visual identity, but having a hole in it as well. Various other keys look like M n' Ms in your mouth, not in your hand, and the space bar is like me on most mornings, needing a quick slap in other to function with any reliability.

So it's a little over a month to go for the recital, and it's shaping up well except for the fact that I can't seem to come up with a decent title for the concert. I rather liked the Bangkok recital name "An Invitation to Dance..." but I'm not fond of plagiarism, which is more than I could say for the Star, which copied stuff out of my program notes with no real idea as to how to do it intelligently. Somehow "Dances With Wolves" keeps popping up in my head, but I can't use that considering that my costume is in the wash after that close shave with that awful Red Riding Hood incident. Gotta stick to domesticized pigs. "I'll Trade Your Mamba for a Mambo" is great but it'd just attract the wrong sort of crowd which would probably lynch me for playing a stately minuet. Not to mention all that hassle with the zoos and whatnot...

No comments: