Monday, January 23, 2006

Paper or Plastic?

I've always enjoyed collecting. The items of... shall we say "collective interest" have changed over time, but a strong inclination has always been bags. Not handbags, sorry, no cross-dressing tendencies - unless its for my mom and my sis, which so far have gotten fairly high approval ratings. My own thing is with a fairly wide array of backpacks and gym bags, to the point that my dad got me something to hang 'em all up on the wall because they were just taking too much floor space. There's something unique about each of them, from the placement and model of the zippers, to the weight distribution, foam backing, detachable inner bags, and sling options to the more artistic feel to the texture of the materials. Yup, it's an art it is.

So it was a little ironic that in this last trip to Bangkok, because Wing came along and managed to bring back two of my bags, I ended up being one hand-carry bag short... leading me, owner of Nike and High Seirra, to use this:


And so the plastic bag was born


Some say it's good to be able to laugh at oneself. Others might say that healthy though it may be, it doesn't change the moron-level of your actions. Ah well, as you've been told many times before... violist, job hazard.

2 comments:

Mike Wong said...

Sounds fun! =P

AF said...

Hmmm... interesting.