Friday, July 29, 2005

What did you say?



Bangkok’s Khao Sarn road, which I finally visited with my harpist friend Amanda before she goes back to Indiana on Sunday.

Amanda and I have a knack for mishearing each other, producing more interesting conversations than is intended. The first I admit to a little slip of my own tongue:

“I’m gonna go practice. Since I’m bored, I may as well be reproductive.”

The second could be blamed on the phone, or perhaps selective hearing:

Me: “You know, last night I had dreams about harps falling on me.”
Amanda: “You had dreams about harps performing on you?!”


And lastly, on asking where her friend was:

Amanda: “She’s off with my mom because she’s afraid I will lose her.”
Me: “You don’t even want to know what I thought you said.”
Amanda: “What?”
Me: “‘She’s off with my mom because she’s afraid I’m a hooker.’”

No comments: