Thursday, October 30, 2008

Anyone up for the CUTEST cat?


This cat, taken with my cousin Nick's camera, suddenly showed up last Monday, and stayed through even when everything was packed up - including the food - and only a handful of people were left.

It likes pork for some reason, but even with the best food it's just as interested in going around your legs, and if you put your hand forward it'll either jump to to pet itself on the head, or push your hand against the left side of its face. It's the only cat I've met which really doesn't mind you picking up his tail and pretending to karaoke with it. Also, its tail is long and always pointing upwards, except when it rubs against you, in which case it rubs around you. Once in a while it'll roll around on the ground, inviting one to pet its belly - but it seems to be ticklish and will quickly bounce back to all fours. It'll find a little cool spot where some rain water hadn't yet dried up, and neatly sit on it.

During the wake one of my uncles said to me and some cousins of mine that he can't stand cats that poop behind his house, and the people who just feed them without thinking of the consequences. At that very moment an aunt came out of the house with a bowl of food for the cat, saying, "Lai lai lai!"

I love cats, and I rarely use the word "love". Were I planning to stay around and if I had a place of my own, I'd adopt this cat without a second thought. If someone would like the cutest cat I've ever met, I have two days left of visits to Balik Pulau (though I could come back to see if it's still hanging around soon after). Anyone up for it? Please email me at andrewfilmer79@yahoo.co.uk or give me a call at 016-4534207.

By the way, I named it. At the time I was reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet when the dog was named Dog.

So, as you can imagine, its name is Cat.

2 comments:

~tengman.k.~ said...

I would say definitely, but the person to ask is my mom, who will have to live with the fellow. Might get confusing, as even though our cat already has a name (Ginger), we typically just call her "Cat".

sneexe said...

So reminds me of my dead cat.

I would definate order a catnapping, but for the inability to take solo responsibility for the poor thing.

It'll be starved for affection while I'm out of the flat :(

That, and I've recently been informed of the now-rampant FIV - HIV for felines.