Friday, July 04, 2008

Politics Aside

I've noted with a little apprehension that my blog was becoming political.

My housemate once asked why I was sometimes political, and occasionally activist.

My response was that the more of a minority you are, the more you tend to turn to avenues to highlight your issues.

That being said, I never wanted this blog to be too political because I enjoy the idea that it is diverse, and politics tends to be divisive. Occasionally I might have a non-partisan viewpoint, a query of why things are the way they are, but I think I'll have to make a distinction between that and more than that.

So I've started The Real Nose Newsreel, where I'll house my politics. With a little freedom to mix around languages like a true Malaysian. I've also moved my links of political links. I may write daily, or rarely, whatever works on that blog- a situation made easier by Blogger's direct RSS feeds.

And well, that's my definition of politics aside.

No comments: