Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Where's My Monkey?!

Who says tech support people don't have a sense of humour?



I had a pretty funky day. Well, things are pretty funky when the emergency alarm clock (you know, the one which gives you the really really very last time you could possibily wake up and get to class on time) gives you five hours of sleep, and you somehow wake up to the earlier ones anyway.


Gave this presentation on Form and Analysis today on Improvisation in Bach and it went pretty well by all accounts - which was a relief since the rehearsals were quite the opposite: a downright bomb. I must say, (and you can just tell I said that with a quaint British accent), it's a trifle embarassing when you're rehearsing a PowerPoint presentation to an empty room and the words, "er... umm... you know, that chord thing... um... shoit." It's like, the empty chairs seem to look at you and say, "Dumbass." And you know, they're chairs. When they call you a dumbass, they speak with expertise.

The most interesting part of the experience was this section where I said something to the effect of, "The chord successions that create this climatic coda constitute three tonics in an extended section - which we need to balance off the prolongation of the dominant prior to it."

Then I added, "If not, it's like having a small slice of pie after a really big chicken."

And I'm going, did I actually say that out loud? Thankfully people were sitting down. I really don't think I could face the chairs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having unique Server Error messages is a current in-thing trend nowadays actually
very amusing definitely

"If not, it's like having a small slice of pie after a really big chicken"
LOL